2016 Contest entry by Bruce Deloach
2018 Contest details will be posted in January 2018.
2017 Photo Contest Details
We are excited to host the Sixth Annual Eagle Day Photo Contest. We have three categories in the adult age group: native wildlife, landscape and birds (not just eagles). There is also youth categories (under 16 years old).
New this year… the display of contest photos at the kick-off party will be a “Digital Gallery” at the InfoZone Theater at the Rawlings Library. Print photos will be used for judging, but the presentation of all photos entered into the contest will be done digitally and on the big screen of the theater!
Grab your camera or go through your favorite pictures from the past year and join the fun. All entries will be displayed and winners announced at the Kickoff Party on Friday, February 3 at the InfoZone Theater at the Rawlings Library in downtown Pueblo.
Please review the rules carefully and plan to enter your best photos! All money collected in entry fees is given to the Nature and Raptor Center of Pueblo to support raptor center operations.
Official Contest Rules:
• Landscape, birds and native wildlife
• All photos must be taken in South East Colorado area
• $5.00 per photo entered. Youth (under the age of 16) entries are free.
• Cash and check payment only. Sorry, no credit cards.
• Make checks payable to: NRCP
• Entries will be accepted from January 9 to January 25. Entries may be dropped off during business hours at the Lake Pueblo State Park Visitor Center or the Nature and Raptor Center of Pueblo. No entries submitted after close of business on January 25 can be accepted. The categories will be youth and adult for landscape, native wildlife and bird photos.
• The contest is open to the general public: to both amateur and professional photographers.
• All photos must have been taken in South East Colorado and the location must be indicated in the entry form. Photos must have been taken within the past two years and never entered into this contest before.
• We encourage entries from young photographers. If you are a minor (under the age of 18) you must obtain permission from your parent or legal guardian. The parent or guardian must sign the entry/permission form. All youth entries (up to 15 years old) are free to enter.
• All photos must be original and taken by the submitting entrant.
• Any entry deemed inappropriate by the Eagle Day staff will be disqualified.
• Computer created entries and photos that have been enhanced and/or altered (other than cropping) will be disqualified.
• Releases that cannot be verified for authenticity (including missing, incomplete or incorrect contact information on the form) may result in the disqualification of the entry.
• Photos can be entered in one of three categories: Landscape, Native Wildlife and Birds (not just eagles). The entrant must indicate which category they want to be judged. Photos cannot be judged in more than one category. Each category is broken into two age groups, youth (under the age of 16) and adult.
• All photos will be entered into a People’s Choice category, where visitors to the Eagle Day Kickoff Party vote for their favorite photo. No additional entry fee is required for this category. A special prize for the People’s Choice category will be awarded at the party on February 3.
• Entries must be submitted both in print and digital format.
All prints must be provided in 8x10 print sizes and should not be framed or matted.
A digital version of each entry is also required. It must be in JPEG format and 72 dpi (dots per inch). They may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or be on a CD accompanying the print entry.
• Only the printed photos will be judged.
• Backs of photos should be dated and captioned with the entrant’s name, contact information and location of the photo. There should be no markings or information on the front.
• All entrants must complete a signed official entry form. Please submit one entry application per photo. Only entry forms with complete, accurate and legible information can be considered.
• Damaged photographs will not be accepted. Eagle day sponsors and the Colorado Parks and Wildlife staff are not responsible for late, lost, misdirected, illegible, incomplete, postage due, stolen, returned, separated, damaged or undelivered entries by mail. Proof of mailing is not proof of delivery. We suggest you retain original photographs and submit only copies.
• Photos can be picked up with identification between Feb 6 and Feb 10, 2017 between 9 am and 4 pm at Lake Pueblo’s Visitors Center. Photos not picked up become the property of Pueblo Eagle Days and Colorado Parks and Wildlife.
Use of photos
All photo entries (digital and unclaimed prints) become the property of Pueblo Eagle Days and Colorado Parks and Wildlife. Contestants grant Pueblo Eagle Days and Colorado Parks and Wildlife unlimited usage and unrestricted rights of any photograph submitted for the contest regardless of whether or not it is a winning entry. They reserve the right to use the photos in printed or on-line materials and for educational informational and promotional purposes without paying compensation to the photographers or the subjects. Photos used will credit the photographer unless otherwise requested by the entrant.
Pueblo Eagle Day Staff select three judges (not involved in facilitating the event) to judge all entries. It is a blind judging process and judges will not know who the photographers are. The prints will be used for judging.
You need not be present to win. Winners will be announced on February 3 at the Kickoff Party at the Rawlings Library. All entries will be presented digitally on the theater screen at the party. Winners prints will be displayed in the visitor’s center of Lake Pueblo State Park during the Eagle Day events on February 4. Winning entries will be contacted using the information provided on entry form.
If for any reason the contest is not capable of being conducted as planned, including any causes beyond the control of the administrators of the contest, Pueblo Eagle Day staff reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, modify, suspend, or terminate the contest without notice to the entrants and retain all photo entries.
One photo in each category and in each age group will be chosen as the winner. A People's Choice winner will also be awarded. Prizes are based on generous donations from the community, but all category winners will receive, at a minimum, ribbons and their photos will be enlarged and framed. There will also be honorable mention photos in each category.
Don't miss the Kickoff Party on February 3 to see the entries
and to vote for your favorite.
The party will be at the InfoZone Theater
at the Rawlings Library and start at 5:30 pm.
2015 Contest entry by Pearle Sandstrom-Smith
2013 Contest entry by Chad Cunningham
2014 Contest entry by Dave Alexander
2015 Contest entry by Ron Drummond
2015 Contest entry by Alexandria Krenz
Copyright Pueblo Eagle Days. All rights reserved.